Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wilhelm Article

Reading is such an important school in life. It is essential for teachers of all disciplines to understand that is their job to teach reading skills in their classroom. It is pointless when a child is suffering and we are using precious time to argue over whose "fault" it is. Reading is not simply reading the words, but it is comprehension and application into life. In the case of Nate as a teacher, it was important for him to understand that the content was important. But it was even more important for him to understand that the skills and tools students learn from teachers in the classroom should allow them to apply it to their life as a whole. Learning-Centered Teaching is a wonderful idea and how most if not all teachers should model their classroom. In my own personal high school experience I was not exposed to that kind of learning and much of it I have already forgotten.  I want the best for my students and this article has provided me some insight into how to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment